Service2Facilities is a customer service solution organization developed through collaboration between Student Life and Facilities Operations and Development. Service2Facilities maintains a 7 day/24 hour operation for the OSU community in order to support the University and its academic mission. Our employees are customer service experts who are professional, helpful, courteous, and service-minded. We strive to be recognized as supportive of customers' interests and responsive to their needs.
When to request our services
You can contact us at 614-292-HELP(4357). For non-emergency requests, please complete the following online service request. We attempt to respond to all service requests within 1 business day.
For emergency, urgent, or life safety issues, please contact 2-HELP (292-4357), and a representative will assist you immediately. Please note, if it is a serious medical situation, please dial 911.
Emergency Requests (When to call 2-HELP)
- A situation in which the health and well-being of the campus community is jeopardized.
- Any interruptions in utility service to one or more facilities, including electrical, gas and/or water.
- Any occurrence where there has been fire or explosion that could cause physical injuries, death or property damage.
- Any situation which could result in damage of physical property.
- Request elevator service
- Missing or lost keys in conjunction with missing or lost identification
- Emergency pest control
- Unsecure building or room
Instructions for calling Service2Facilities
- Call 2-HELP or use the online request system for non-emergency issues.
- When calling 2-HELP, you will be asked for the following information:
- "name.#" (your OSU internet username, or email address)
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Alternate number (cell phone if available)
- Building name
- Room number (detailed description of where the problem is-landmarks, near room XXX)
- Caller's location if technician has any questions for customer
- Is the location secure? Will we need to come between specific hours to gain access?
- Is there a secondary problem caused by the initial issue?
- Is there any damage to the building (if the fire department responded)?
- Has anyone else responded (police, fire, security services, custodial, maintenance)?
- Can you move items in the space to avoid damage?
- Service2Facilities receives and expedites thousands of customer service requests each year.
- We monitor and respond to various alarms (University Lab Animal Research (ULAR), fire and door alarms for Student Life, building environmental alarms, BuckID door alarms).
- We support over 800 buildings on campus. This includes the academic and residential areas of campus.
Questions? Contact Dan Hausman at email@example.com